54th Governor of Maine
- 8th Great-grandfather of Owen Brewster — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1592
- Birth Location:
- prob. St. Margaret, Ormesby, Norfolk, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 30 Jun 1672
- Death Location:
- Hampton, Rockingham, New Hampshire
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
John Marston (Ahnentafel No:770 )
The name of the first wife of William Marston, and the mother of all his children except Tryphena, is unknown. She is believed to have died about 1660. He was about seventy years old when he married his second wife Sabrina Page. That he married Sabrina, a woman obviously much younger than he, is confirmed by his will in which both Sabrina and Tryphena are mentioned as wife and daughter.
Additional marriages for William Marston
- Sabrina - - - - - -
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1662
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Marston
- 1 Essex Antiquarian, 1901, Vol. 5, p. 78, Birth record for daughter Triphena Marston.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1853, Vol. 7, p. 84.
- 3 New Hampshire: Births to 1901, Deaths and Marriages to 1937, Birth record for daughter Triphena Marston.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (20 15), 220.
- 5 Chapman, Rev. Jacob, A Genealogy of the Philbrick and Philbrook Families, Descended from the Emigrant, Thomas Phil brick, 1583-1667, Exeter, New Hampshire: Exeter Gazette Steam Printing House (1886), 11.
- 6 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Charles Stinson Pillsbury and John Sargent Pillsbury, n.p.: n.p. (1938), Vol. 1, pp. 355-356.
- 7 Marston, Nathan Washington, The Marston Genealogy in Two Parts, South Lubec, Maine: Unknown (1888), Part 1, pp. 6-8.
- 8 Sumner, Edith Bartlett, Ancestry of Edward Wales Blake and Clarissa Matilda Glidden with Ninety Allied Families, Los Angeles, California: Unknown (1948), 171-172.
- 9 Torry, Clarence, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 492.