25th U.S. Secretary of State
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Elihu Washburne — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Washburn Jr.
- Elizabeth Mitchell
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1651
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 24 Mar 1720
- Death Location:
- Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Deborah Packard
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1677
- Marriage Location:
Israel Washburn (Ahnentafel No:16 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Washburn
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1985, Vol. 2, p. 159.
- 2 Representative Men and Old Families of Southeastern Massachusetts, Volume 3, (Chicago: J. H. Beers and Company (1912)), 1637.
- 3 Benjamin, Mary Louise, A Genealogy of the Family of Lieut. Samuel Benjamin and Tabitha Livermore, His Wife, Early Settlers of Livermore, Maine, n. p.: n. p. (1900), 78.
- 4 Nahum, Mitchell, Mitchell's History of Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Reprinted in facsimile., Bridgewater, Massachusetts: Reprinted by Henry T. Pratt (1897, originally 1840), 338, 340.
- 5 Nahum, Mitchell, Mitchell's History of Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Reprinted in facsimile., Bridgewater, Massachusetts: Reprinted by Henry T. Pratt (1897, originally 1840), 215.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 20, 182.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 72, 171, 237, 440, 468.
- 8 Sherman, Robert Moody et. al., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 15, James Chilton-Richard More, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2013), 60.
- 9 Sumner, Edith Bartlett, Ancestry and Descendants of Samuel Bartlett and Lucy Jenkins, Los Angeles, California: Unknown (1951), 80.
- 10 Wood, Ralph V., Jr., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 12, Francis Cooke, Revised Edition, Rockland, Maine: Picton Press (2011, revised edition 3rd printing), 74, 105-106.