TV and Movie Actress
- 11th Great-grandfather of Anna Faris — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- BY 9 May 1589
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Susanna Thorne
- Marriage Date:
- 8 Jun 1575
- Marriage Location:
- Lidlington, Bedfordshire, England
Thomas Dudley (Ahnentafel No:6682 )
The father of Roger Dudley is believed to be Sir Henry Dudley, son of John Sutton alias Dudley, 3rd Baron Dudley, and Cecily Grey. Gary Roberts refers to this parentage as "likely but not fully proved." More evidence is needed to prove this.
Some sources claim the father of Roger Dudley is Thomas Dudley whose wife had a maiden name of Threheld. This appears to be incorrect.
Roger Dudley is said to have been killed in battle, possibly at the Siege of Zutphen in 1586.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Roger Dudley
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, JUL 1988, Vol. 142, Page 233.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1911, Vol. 65, p. 189.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1932, Vol. 9, pp. 221.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1959, Vol. 35, p. 27.
- 5 The Cambridge Historical Society, Publications 14, Proceedings for the Year 1919, Cambridge, Massachusetts: by the Society (1926), 83.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 584.
- 7 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 278.
- 8 McLean, Hulda Hoover, Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family, Stanford, California: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford Universit y (1967), fold-out chart between pages 4 and 5.
- 9 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. 2, pp. 476-477.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 214, 216.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360-361, 663.
- 12 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 1, Governor Thomas Dudley and D escendants . . ., 2nd Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2004), 1.
- 13 Wikipedia, "Thomas Dudley", (accessed 04/27/2011).