- Great-grandfather of Allyn Cox — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Sylvester Finney
- Rebecca Rice
- Birth Date:
- 29 Aug 1792
- Birth Location:
- Warren, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 16 Aug 1875
- Death Location:
- Oberlin, Lorain, Ohio
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westwood Cemetery, Oberlin, Lorain, Ohio
- Spouse Name:
- Lydia Root Andrews
- Marriage Date:
- 5 Oct 1824
- Marriage Location:
- Whitesboro, Oneida, New York
Helen Clarissa Finney (Ahnentafel No:5 )
President of Oberlin College
Charles Grandison Finney
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Charles Grandison Finney
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 09/22/2019).
- 2 Andrews, Alfred, Genealogical History of John and Mary Andrews, Who Settled in Farmington, Conn., 1640, Chicago: A. H. Andrews and Co. (1872), 137, 241.
- 3 Bowman, Fred Q., 10,000 Vital Records of Central New York, 1813-1850, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1986), p. 85, Utica Western Reporter, 12 OCT 1824, Wedding of Charles G Finney and Lydia R Andrews.
- 4 Carter, Howard Williston, Carter: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Thomas Carter of Reading and Weston, Mass. and of Hebron and Warren, Ct., Palmer, Massachusetts: Printed by C. B. Fiske and Co. (1909), 35.
- 5 Cox, Rev. Henry Miller, The Cox Family in America: A History and Genealogy of the Older Branches of the Family . . ., Somerville, New Jersey: The Unionist-Gazette Association (1912), 114.
- 6 Finney, Howard, Sr., Finney-Phinney Families in America: Descendants of John Finney of Plymouth and Barnstable, Mass. and . . ., Richmond, Virginia: The William Byrd Press, Inc. (1957), 44, 85, gives Charles's marriage location as Whitestown, New York.
- 7 Hughes, Thomas Patrick and Frank Munsell, American Ancestry: Giving the Name and Descent in the Male Line of Americans Whose Ancestors Settled in the U.S., Vol. 06, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons, Publisher (1891), 113.