- 5th Great-grandfather of Thomas Edison — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Merriman
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1614
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Feb 1693/1694
- Death Location:
- Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Joan -----
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Abigail Merriman (Ahnentafel No:111 )
Some sources claim that Nathaniel Merriman married Abigail Olney and that she was the mother of some of his children. No evidence has been found to support this claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nathaniel Merriman
- 1 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 3, p. 750.
- 2 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 1, p. 238.
- 3 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 5, p. 1167.
- 4 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 4, p. 910.
- 5 New Haven, CT: Vital Records, 1649-1850, Vol. 1, p. 14, Birth record for daughter Mary Merriman.
- 6 New Haven, CT: Vital Records, 1649-1850, Vol. 1, p. 29, Birth record for daughter Elizabeth Merriman.
- 7 The American Genealogist, 1932, Vol. 9, pp. 91-93.
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 226.
- 9 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volume 4, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 1673.
- 10 Hitchcock, Mrs. Edward, Sr., The Genealogy of the Hitchcock Family: Who are Descended from Matthias Hitchcock of East Haven, Conn., and . . ., Amherst, Massachusetts: Press of Carpenter and Morehouse (1894), 118.