- Mother of Thomas Edison — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Ebenezer Matthews alias Elliott
- Mercy Peckham
- Birth Date:
- 4 Jan 1810
- Birth Location:
- Chenango County, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 9 Apr 1871
- Death Location:
- Gratiot County, Michigan
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Lakeside Cemetery, Port Huron, St. Clair, Michigan
- Spouse Name:
- Samuel Ogden Edison Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 12 Sep 1828
- Marriage Location:
- Vienna, Bayham, Twsp., Elgin, Ontario
Thomas Alva Edison (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Prior to 1995, most biographers and other researchers mistakenly claimed that the Rev. John Elliott, an American Baptist minister in Vienna, Ontario, was the father of Nancy Matthews Elliott. In fact, the Rev. John Elliott was Nancy's older brother. Their father was Ebenezer Matthews Elliott. Although Ebenezer's birth name was Matthews, he is said to have assumed the name Elliott after an aunt.
Nancy Matthews Elliott
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nancy Matthews Elliott
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 02/06/2012).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, JAN 1934, Vol. 88, pp. 72-73.
- 3 The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography, Volume 25, New York: James T. White and Company (1936), 1.
- 4 DeLestry, Edmond L., ed., Western Magazine: The Northwest's Oldest Living Magazine, 1920, Vol. 16, No. 4, p. 164 .
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 37.
- 6 Thomas A. Edison Papers Project, Edison, Miller, and Affiliated Families: Thomas Alva Edison and His Family Tree, 152, 163, (accessed 02/01/2015).
- 7 Wheeler, William Ogden, The Ogden Family in America, Elizabethtown Branch, and their English Ancestry: John Ogden, the Pilgrim, and his . . ., Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Company (1907), 343.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Thomas Edison", (accessed 02/06/2012).