Chairman & CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
- 9th Great-grandmother of Warren Buffett — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- White Beckenshaw
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1614
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Sep 1685
- Death Location:
- Winchester, Hampshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Lisle
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Bridget Lisle (Ahnentafel No:2003 )
Alice Lisle was tried before Jeffreys for sheltering Monmouth's supporters at her house at Moyles Court. She was found guilty and beheaded at Winchester.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Alice Beckenshaw
- 1 The Mayflower Quarterly , Plymouth, Massachusetts: The General Society of Mayflower Descendants , September 2002, Vol. 68, No. 3, pp. 244-249.
- 2 Cutter, William Richard, ed. , New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volum e 4 , New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1914) , 1732, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 3 Lee, Sidney , Dictionary of National Biography, Volume 33, Leighton - Lluelyn , London: Smith, Elder, and Co. (1893) , 339-340, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Lee, Sir Sidney , Dictionary of National Biography: Index and Epitome, 2nd edition , New York: The Macmillan Company (1906) , 781, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 261.