Susan B. Anthony
Women's Rights Advocate
- 3rd Generation — Grandmother of Susan B. Anthony
- Ahnentafel No:
- Jonathan Richardson
- Mary Woodward
- Birth Date:
- 12 Dec 1755
- Birth Location:
- Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Jan 1839
- Death Location:
- Battenville, Washington, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- McLean Cemetery, Battenville, Washington, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Daniel Read
- Marriage Date:
- 29 Jan 1776
- Marriage Location:
- Cheshire, Berkshire, Massachusetts
- Lucy Read
- There is a large monument in the McLean Cemetery dedicated to both Daniel and Susannah Richardson that has Susannah's death date as 01 JAN 1839. However, the original marker for her grave has the date 12 JAN 1839 along with the inscription "aged 83 y. & 1 mo." which supports January 12 as being the actual birth date.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Susannah Richardson
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/01/2012).
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Newton Births, Vol. 1, Page 166.
- 3 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Application for Robert Read Westcott, 16 AUG 1969, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Application for Daniel Read Anthony III, 11 NOV 1960, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1918, Vol. 49, Page 123.
- 6 Whipple, Blaine, History and Genealogy of Elder John Whipple of Ipswich, Massachusetts: His English Ancestors and American Descendants, Victoria, British Columbia: Trafford Publishing (2003).