Founder of the American Red Cross
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Clara Barton — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Joseph Goodhue
- Sarah Whipple
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1666
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 10 Jul 1722
- Death Location:
- Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Lowden
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1686
- Marriage Location:
Sarah Goodhue (Ahnentafel No:29 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Goodhue
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Ipswich, Vol. 1, p. 165, Birth record for daughter Sarah Goodhue.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Ipswich, Vol. 2, p. 570, Death record for William Goodhue.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1906, Vol. 60, Page 52.
- 4 Goodhue, Rev. Jonathan E., comp., History and Genealogy of the Goodhue Family in England and America to the Year 1890, Rochester, New York: E. R. Andrews, Printer and Bookbinder (1891), 12, 14-15.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 213.
- 6 White, Almira Larkin White, ed., Ancestry of John Barber White and of his Descendants, Haverhill, Massachusetts: Press of C.H. Webster (1913), 286.