Musician, Film Composer
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Mark Isham — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Towne
- Hannah Frost
- Birth Date:
- 11 Aug 1790
- Birth Location:
- Stoddard, Cheshire, New Hampshire
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- AFT 27 Jun 1866
- Death Location:
- prob. Alstead, Cheshire, New Hampshire
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Nathaniel Draper Messer
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Christiana Towne Messer (Ahnentafel No:17 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Betsey Towne
- 1 Federal Census, NH, Cheshire County, 1850, Alstead, Image 31 of 34.
- 2 Federal Census, NH, Cheshire County, 1860, Alstead, p. 26, Image 26 of 34.
- 3 New Hampshire, Wills and Probate Records, 1643-1982, Probate file for spouse Nathaniel Messer.
- 4 New Hampshire, Wills and Probate Records, 1643-1982, 27 JUN 1866, Will of Betsey Messer.
- 5 New Hampshire: Births, Deaths and Marriages, 1654-1969, Births T-U-V to 1901, p. 11907, Birth record for Betsey Towne.
- 6 Aldrich, George , Walpole As It Was and As It Is: Containing the Complete Civil History of the Town From 1749 t o 1879, Claremont, New Hampshire: The Claremont Manufacturing Co. (1880), 334.
- 7 Brainard, Homer Worthington , A Survey of the Ishams in England and America: Eight Hundred and Fifty Years of History and G enealogy, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Publishing Company, Inc. (1938), 430.
- 8 Towne, Edwin Eugene , The Descendants of William Towne: Who Came to American On or About 1630 and Settled in Salem , Mass., Newtonville, Massachusetts: Published by the Author (1901), 90.