George Henry Bissell
Father of the American Oil Industry
- Father of George Henry Bissell — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Isaac Bissell
- Amelia Leavitt
- Birth Date:
- 31 Mar 1779
- Birth Location:
- Suffield, Hartford, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 16 Oct 1834
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Windsor, Vermont
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Dartmouth College Cemetery, Hanover, Grafton, New Hampshire
- Spouse Name:
- Nancy Wemple
- Marriage Date:
- 12 Nov 1801
- Marriage Location:
- Lyme, New London, Connecticut
George Henry Bissell (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Isaac Bissell
- 1 Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920 , Marriage record for Isaac Bissel and Nancy Wemple, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System , Ancestor #A122789, gives Isaac's wedding date as 20 OCT 1801 in Onondaga Hollow, NY.
- 3 Find A Grave , (accessed 12/07/2019).
- 4 Dwight, Benjamin W. , The History of the Descendants of John Dwight, of Dedham, Mass., Vol. 1 , New York: John F. Trow and Sons (1874) , 412-414, gives Isaac's wedding date as 20 OCT 1801 in Onondaga Hollow, NY, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Effingham de Forest, Louis, ed. , Saint Nicholas Society of the City of New York , New York: Printed by order of the Society (1923) , 25, Internet Archive (Digital Library).