George Henry Bissell
Father of the American Oil Industry
- 3rd Great-grandfather of George Henry Bissell — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Timothy Dwight
- Anna Flint
- Birth Date:
- 20 Nov 1666
- Birth Location:
- Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 07 or 08 NOV 1711
- Death Location:
- Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Meadow Cemetery, West Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Mehitable Partridge
- Marriage Date:
- 9 Dec 1693
- Marriage Location:
Abiah Dwight (Ahnentafel No:23 )
Springfield, Massachusetts vital records gives the date of Nathaniel Dwight's death as 08 NOV 1711. His tombstone in the Old Meadow Cemetery in West Springfield gives it as 07 NOV 1711. There is also a monument in the Bridge Street Cemetery in Northampton, Massachusetts that gives the date as 07 NOV 1711.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nathaniel Dwight
- 1 A Modern History of New Haven and Eastern New Haven County, Vol. 2, New York and Chicago: The S.J. Clarke Publishing Co. (1918), 346-349.
- 2 Cemetery Transcriptions from the NEHGS Manuscript Collections, (2002), Page 349948.
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 09/08/2019).
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Dedham, Vol. 1 and 2, p. 10, Birth record for Nathaniel Dwight.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1907, Vol. 61, p. 140.
- 6 Dwight, Benjamin W., The History of the Descendants of John Dwight, of Dedham, Mass., Vol. 1, New York: John F. Trow and Sons (1874), 106, 109-111.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 58.
- 8 Stearns, Ezra S., Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire: A Record of the Achievements o f Her People . . ., Vol. 2, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1908), 769-770.
- 9 Stiles, Henry R., Families of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut, Volume II, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., I nc. (1999, original 1904), 54.