George Henry Bissell
Father of the American Oil Industry
- 4th Great-grandmother of George Henry Bissell — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward Gilman Jr.
- Mary Clark
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 19 Jan 1622
- Christening Location:
- Hingham, Norfolk, England
- Death Date:
- 26 May 1700
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Leavitt
- Marriage Date:
- 6 Dec 1646
- Marriage Location:
- Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts
Josiah Leavitt (Ahnentafel No:40 )
Sarah Gilman's husband John Leavitt is mentioned by her mother in her father's probate inventory as "my son John Levite." Images were posted of the original documents to Sarah's entry on wikitree.com..
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Gilman
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700 , Humphrey Johnson (m. 1641), p. 6, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Ames, Constance Le Neve Gilman , The Story of the Gilmans and a Gilman Genealogy of the Descendants of Edward Gilman of Hingha m, England 1550-1950 , Yakima, Washington: Shields Rainier Printing Company (1950) , 37, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. IV, I-L , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2005) , 274.
- 4 Eldredge, Mrs. Jane Jennings , The Leavitts of America : A Compilation of Five Branches and Gleanings from New England to Ca lifornia and Canada , Woods Cross, Utah: Leavitt Family Association (1924) , 46, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 5 Johnson, Paul Franklin, et. al. , Genealogy of Captain John Johnson of Roxbury, Massachusetts: Generations I to XIV , Los Angeles, California: Privately printed by The Commonwealth Press, Inc. (1951) , 12, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 Smith, Dean Crawford , The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1878-1908: Part 3, The Ancestry of Henry Clay Bartlett, 18 32-1892 , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2004) , 267, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 7 Williams, Alicia Crane , Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Vol. 1 , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Socity (2015) , 196.