George Henry Bissell
Father of the American Oil Industry
- 4th Great-grandmother of George Henry Bissell — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Hugh Roe
- Abigail -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1643
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 15 Jun 1726 to 7 May 1728
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- William Dudley
- Marriage Date:
- 4 Nov 1661
- Marriage Location:
- Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut
Abigail Dudley (Ahnentafel No:45 )
Some sources claim Mary Roe's maiden name as Stow, Stoe or Densloe. These are believed to be incorrect.
Additional marriages for Mary Roe
- Richard Dart
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Roe
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Saybrook, p. 47, Marriage record for William Dudley and Mary Roe.
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Saybrook, pp. 46-47, Birth records for children of William and Mary Dudley.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1850, Vol. 4, p. 18.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1933, Vol. 10, pp. 73-78.
- 5 Brainard, Lucy Abigail, The Genealogy of the Brainerd-Brainard Family in America, 1649-1908, Vol. 1, Hartford, Connecticut: Hartford Press (1908), Part 2, 41.
- 6 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2005, Vol. 38,. p. 197.
- 7 Dudley, Dean, History of the Dudley Family: With Genealogical Tables, Pedigrees, &c., Number 1, Boston: David Clapp and Son, Printers (1886), 343-344, gives Mary's name as Stow.
- 8 Dwight, Benjamin W., The History of the Descendants of John Dwight, of Dedham, Mass., Vol. 1, New York: John F. Trow and Sons (1874), 404.