Inventor, and namesake of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- 3rd Generation — Grandmother of Charles Goodyear
- Ahnentafel No:
- Israel Curtis
- Eunice Towner
- Birth Date:
- 8 Feb 1748
- Birth Location:
- Southbury, New Haven, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Jul 1804
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Back Cemetery (now Middle Ground Cemetery), Southbury, New Haven, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Stephen Bateman
- Marriage Date:
- 26 Sep 1769
- Marriage Location:
- Woodbury, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Cynthia Bateman
Southbury, Connecticut, vital records give Eunice Curtis's birth date as 08 FEB 1748 while the Woodbury,Connecticut, vital records have it recorded as 08 JUL 1748. Perhaps the latter date is a baptism.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Eunice Curtis
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Woodbury, p. 23, Birth record for Eunice Curtis, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Southbury, p. 6, Birth record for Eunice Curtis, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/29/2012).
- 4 Woodbury, CT: Marriages, 1684-1784, Page 439, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1992, Vol. 25, Page 696, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Cothren, William, History of Ancient Woodbury, Connecticut, from the First Indian Deed in 1659 to 1879, Woodbury, Connecticut: William Cothren (1879), 190, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Curtis, Harlow Dunham, comp., A Genealogy of the Curtiss-Curtis Family of Stratford, Connecticut: A Supplement to the 1903 Edition, Stratford, Connecticut: Curtiss-Curtis Society of Stratford, Connecticut (1953), 19, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 8 Curtiss, Frederic Haines, A Genealogy of the Curtiss Family: Being a Record of the Descendants of Widow Elizabeth Curtiss Who Settled in . . ., Boston: Rockwell and Churchill Press (1903), 31, Internet Archive (Digital Library).