E. C. Segar
Cartoonist (Popeye creator)
- 20th Great-grandmother of E. C. Segar — 23rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Ferdinand III, King of Castile
- Joanna of Ponthieu
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1241
- Birth Location:
- Castile, Spain
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 28 Nov 1290
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Edward I, King of England
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1254
- Marriage Location:
Edward II, King of England (Ahnentafel No:3028024 )
Joan of Acre
Margaret of England
Eleanor of Castile
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Eleanor of Castile
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1994, Vol. 148, Pages 255-258.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1932, Vol. 9, p. 212.
- 3 American Ancestors, "Boris Johnson: Royal Ancestry", (accessed 04/15/2020).
- 4 Browning, Charles H., ed., Americans Of Royal Descent< img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=famkin0d-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1436766265" width="1 " height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />, Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1883), 287.
- 5 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Su bjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq..
- 6 Foster, Joseph, comp., The Royal Lineage of our Nobl e and Gentle Families. Together with their Paternal Ancestry, Aylesbury: Privately Printed by Hazell, Watson and Viney, Limited (1884), 84.
- 7 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Quee ns of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 70.
- 8 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A Histor y of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 163 0-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 81.
- 9 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcair ns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 62.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 270-370.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 500, 558.
- 13 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 71.
- 14 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of thei r . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printi ng, 2006), 25.
- 15 Wikipedia, "Eleanor of Castile", (accessed 02/21/2010).
E. C. Segar photo by U. S. War Stamp Council