Actress and Model
- 9th Great-grandfather of Cindy Crawford — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 9 Dec 1655
- Death Location:
- Brighton (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Martha Eaton
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Samuel Oldham (Ahnentafel No:1290 )
Richard Oldham's parentage is currently unknown.
Some have speculated that Richard Oldham may have been the son of John Oldham, who was a son of William Oldham and brother to Lucretia (Oldham) Brewster. Unfortunately, no evidence has been found to support this. John Oldham is not known to have had any children although he did have a step-son named William Bridges.
Henry Bond had a write-up on John Oldham in his Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts (pub. 1860, pp. 382, 861-864).
John Brooks Threfall wrote about John Oldham in his Twenty-Six Great Migration Colonists to New England and Their Origins (pub. 1993, pp. 215-222).
Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, Vol. 2 (pub. 1995, pp. 1350-1353) has a profile about John Oldham.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Oldham
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1922, Vol. 76, pp. 73-74.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1999, Vol. 153, p. 355.
- 3 Miller, W. H., History and Genealogies of the Families of Miller, Woods, Harris, Wallace, Maupin, Oldham, Kavanaugh, and Brown, Lexington, Kentucky: Press of Transylvania Co. (1907), 568-569.
- 4 Molyneux, Nellie Zada Rice, History, Genealogical and Biographical of the Eaton Families, Syracuse, New York: C.W. Bardeen, Publisher (1911), 275.
- 5 Savage, James, A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Showing Three Generations . . ., Vol. 3, Boston: Little, Brown and Company (1861), 308.
- 6 Winship, John Perkins Cushing, Historical Brighton: An Illustrated History of Brighton and Its Citizens, Volume 2, Boston: George A. Warren, Publisher, 187.