- Grandfather of Cash Warren — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Drew Madison Narramore
- Beatrice Lena Jeffrey
- Birth Date:
- 27 Sep 1920
- Birth Location:
- Elmdale, Chase, Kansas
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Apr 1995
- Death Location:
- Los Angeles County, California
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Patricia Ann Daugherty
- Marriage Date:
- from 14 Mar 1942 to 31 Dec 1948
- Marriage Location:
Sue Ellen Narramore (Ahnentafel No:3 )
WWII Pearl Harbor veteran
Roth Narramore was reported killed during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. On Dec. 16, he sent a cablegram to his parents reading "Am safe. Don't worry." He had been at Hickam Field during the Japanese raid and was seriously wounded. He received shrapnel wounds in one shoulder and suffered broken ribs. Despite a gaping shoulder wound inflicted by a bomb fragment, he continued to repair a damaged plane until another bomb blasted away the tail. Realizing the plane would never fly, he grabbed a machine gun and poured fire into the enemy planes.
Roth Jeffrey Narramore
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Roth Jeffrey Narramore
- 1 California, U.S., Death Index, 1940-1997, Death record for Roth Narramore.
- 2 California, U.S., Voter Registrations, 1900-1968, Record for Roth J Narramore.
- 3 Federal Census, HI, Honolulu County, 1940, Oahu, Hickam Field, E.D. 2-201, Sheet 3B, Image 6 of 87.
- 4 Kansas, U.S., State Census Collection, 1855-1925, 1925, Chase County, Elmdale, Image 7 of 15.
- 5 Santa Maria Times (Santa Maria, California), 14 MAR 1942, p. 3, "Betteravians Hosts For Cadets Tonight".
- 6 The Emporia Gazette (Emporia, Kansas), 10 DEC 1941, p. 7, "Elmdale Boy Killed in War: Roth Narramore Was Serving in Naval Air ...".
- 7 The Emporia Gazette (Emporia, Kansas), 16 DEC 1941, p. 4, "A Cable from Son".
- 8 The Emporia Gazette (Emporia, Kansas), 21 FEB 1942, p. 3, "Elmdale Boys, Once Reported Dead, Is On War Duty Again".
- 9 The Eugene Guard (Eugene, Oregon), 13 DEC 1941, p. 6, "Here Are Latest Casualty Lists".
- 10 The Hutchinson News (Hutchinson, Kansas), 11 SEP 1942, p. 1, "Hero and Alive".
- 11 U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca. 1775-2006, Burial record for spouse Patricia Narramore.
- 12 U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, Record for Roth Jeffrey Narramore.
- 13 U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014, Death record for Roth J Narramore.
- 14 Wikipedia, "Attack on Pearl Harbor", (accessed 03/09/2020).