Expatriate American Poet and Critic
- Great-grandfather of Ezra Pound — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1813
- Birth Location:
- New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Apr 1849
- Death Location:
- Bath, Steuben, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- West Verona Cemetery, Verona, Oneida, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1833
- Marriage Location:
Sarah Elizabeth Loomis
Susan Angevine Loomis (Ahnentafel No:5 )
Mary Lucinda Loomis
Nathaniel's given name is also seen as Nathan. His tombstone appears to give his middle initial as L.
He is said to be the son of Jeremiah and Sarah (Higbee) Loomis. Evidence is needed to support this claim.
Nathaniel S. Loomis
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nathaniel S. Loomis
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 10/18/2020).
- 2 Wisconsin Marriages, 1836-1930, Marriage record for Josiah N Phillips and daughter M L D Loomis.
- 3 Bowman, Fred Q., 10,000 Vital Records of Central New York, 1813-1850, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1986), Death record for Nathaniel S Loomis.
- 4 Wilhelm, James J., The American Roots of Ezra Pound, New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc. (1985), 14.