Chase A. Clark
18th Governor of Idaho
- 6th Great-grandfather of Chase A. Clark — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Gardner
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1624
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 May 1706
- Death Location:
- Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Founders Burial Ground, Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Priscilla Grafton
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Feb 1653/1654
- Marriage Location:
Rachel Gardner (Ahnentafel No:171 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Gardner
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 07/10/2016).
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket, Vol. 3, p. 37, Marriage record for John Arthur and daughter Priscilla Gardner.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket, Vol. 2, p. 67, Birth record for daughter Rachel Gardner.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket, Vol. 2, p. 71, Birth record for daughter Ruth Gardner.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1861, Vol. 15, pp. 147-148, Will of John Gardner.
- 6 Sons of the Revolution in State of Virginia Quarterly Magazine, 1922, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 44.
- 7 Allen, Orrin Peer, The Allen Memorial, First Series: Descendants of Edward Allen of Nantucket, Mass., 1690-1905, Palmer, Massachusetts: Press of C. B. Fiske and Co. (1905), 105.
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 734.
- 9 Gardner, Frank Augustine, Thomas Gardner, Planter, (Cape Ann, 1623-1626; Salem, 1626-1674) and Some of His Descendants, Salem, Massachusetts: Essex Institute (1907), 20, 52-74.
- 10 Macy, Silvanus Jenkins, Genealogy of the Early Generations of the Coffin Family in New England, Boston: David Clapp and Son, Printers (1870), 4-5.
- 11 Nantucket Historical Society, The Barney Genealogical Record, (accessed 10/28/2018).
- 12 Starbuck, Alexander, The History of Nantucket County, Island and Town including Genealogies of First Settlers, Boston: C. E. Goodspeed and Co. (1924), 699, 703.