39th U.S. President
- 6th Great-grandfather of Jimmy Carter — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Morris
- Grace -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1655
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1695
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Almy
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Richard Morris (Ahnentafel No:140 )
Some sources list the husband of Elizabeth Almy as John Morris. This is incorrect and should state his name as Lewis Morris.
Lewis Morris was killed about 1695 by one of his slaves for which the man was hung.
Thomas Morris's will written in Barbados identifies his son Lewis Morris.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Lewis Morris
- 1 National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Arlington, Virginia: National Genealogical Society (1912-), 1920, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 60-61.
- 2 The Newport Historical Magazine, Newport, Rhode Island: Newport Historical Publishing Co., 1883, Vol. 4, p. 193.
- 3 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 54.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 882.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 173, 491.
- 6 Stillwell, John E., Historical and Genealogical Miscellany: Early Settlers of New Jersey and their Descendants, Vol. IV, New York: Unknown (1916), 25, 34-35.