39th U.S. President
- 17th Great-grandfather of Jimmy Carter — 20th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward III, King of England
- Philippa of Hainault
- Birth Date:
- 7 Jan 1355
- Birth Location:
- Woodstock Palace, Oxfordshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 08 or 09 SEP 1397
- Death Location:
- Calais, Pale of Calais, France
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor de Bohun
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1376
- Marriage Location:
Anne Plantagenet (Ahnentafel No:346293 )
1st Duke of Gloucester
aka Thomas of Woodstock
Sir Thomas Plantagenet was murdered at Calais in 1397.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Plantagenet
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1999, Vol. 16, p. 73.
- 2 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 71.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 50.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 169, 182, 228-229.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 436.
- 6 The Surrey Archaeological Society, Surrey Archaeological Collections, Relating to the History and Antiquities of the County, Vol. 3, London: Lovell Reeve and Co. (1865), 50.
- 7 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 8.
- 8 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 26.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester", (accessed 06/26/2013).