Ancestry of Sir
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 2nd Great-grandfather of Winston Churchill — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Wilcox
- Sarah Smith
- Birth Date:
- ABT 10 Jan 1763
- Birth Location:
- Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 23 Aug 1828
- Death Location:
- Macedon, Wayne, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Anna Baker
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1787
- Marriage Location:
Clarissa Wilcox (Ahnentafel No:15 )
The birth record for David Wilcox in the Dartmouth, Massachusetts, vital records has the last digit of the birth year worn so as to make it illegible. Some sources give it as 1762, while other as 1763. Since his parents marriage intention is dated 02 JAN 1762, the latter year seems more likely.
David Wilcox's surname is also seen as Willcox.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for David Wilcox
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Dartmouth Births, Vol. 1, p. 302, Birth record for David Wilcox.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1996, Vol. 13, p. 169.
- 3 New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1942, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 159-166 and accompanying chart.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 606.
- 5 Snell, Elizabeth, "He Had Iroquois Ancestors, Urban Myths: Indian Forbears", (accessed 04/30/2013).