Ancestry of Sir
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 10th Great-grandmother of Winston Churchill — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Carey
- Mary Boleyn
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1524
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 15 Jan 1569
- Death Location:
- Hampton Court Palace, London, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- St. Edmund's Chapel, Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Francis Knollys
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Henry Knollys (Ahnentafel No:2466 )
Catherine Carey may have been the granddaughter of King Henry VIII. Before Catherine's aunt Mary Boleyn married Henry, her mother Mary Boleyn was reportedly his mistress during the birth of her two Carey children (See Genealogists Magazine 25 (1997): 345–352).
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Catherine Carey
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1987, Vol. 4, p. 71.
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1996, Vol. 13, p. 207.
- 3 Dorman, John Frederick, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 4th ed., Vol. 3, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2007), 486, give Catherine's name as Mary.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 50.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 154.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 412.
- 7 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 4, Pelham - Avery - West . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2017), 1.
- 8 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 27.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Catherine Carey", (accessed 04/30/2011).