Founder of Enoch Pratt Free Library
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Enoch Pratt — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Whitman
- Ruth -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- AFT 2 Jan 1706
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Philip King
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1672
- Marriage Location:
John King (Ahnentafel No:20 )
The proof of Judith Whitman's parents being John and Ruth Whitman are said to be in the will of John Whitman where he mentions her. A copy of the will is needed to verify this claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Judith Whitman
- 1 Maine: A History, Centennial Edition, Vol. 4, New York: The American Historical Society (1919), 176.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1905, Vol. 59, p. 238.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1933, Vol. 87, p. 3.
- 4 New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1894, Vol. 25, p. 198.
- 5 Chamberlain, George Walter, History of Weymouth Massachusetts, in Four Volumes, Vol. 3, Genealogy of Weymouth Families, Weymouth, Massachusetts: Weymouth Historical Society (1923), 351-352.
- 6 Cutter, William Richard, American Biography: A New Cyclopedia, Vol. 6, New York: The American Historical Society, Inc. (1919), 182.
- 7 Farnam, Charles H., History of the Descendants of John Whitman of Weymouth, Mass., New Haven: Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor, Printers (1889), 13, 28-29.
- 8 Lothrop, Thomas J., The Nicholas White Family, 1643-1900, Taunton, Massachusetts: C. A. Hack and Son (1902), 20.