Ancestry of Maj. Gen.
Leader of the Rough Riders
- 5th Great-grandmother of Leonard Wood — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- AFT 7 Nov 1683
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Stone
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1638
- Marriage Location:
Tabitha Stone (Ahnentafel No:115 )
Anne has been said to be the daughter of Edward Howe of Watertown since John Stone and Anne were legatees in Edward's will, but this has been proven false. The current belief is that Anne was a niece of Edward Howe's wife Margaret Wells. Anne is believed to be the daughter of Barnaby Rogers and Mary Howe who was baptized at Boxted, England, 14 MAY 1615.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Anne -----
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700, John Stone (m. 1640), pp. 1-6.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Sudbury, Vol. 1, p. 138, Birth record for daughter Tabitha Stone.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009).
- 4 Bartlett, Joseph Gardner, Gregory Stone Genealogy: Ancestry and Descendants of Dea. Gregory Stone of Cambridge, Mass. 1320-1917, Cambridge, Massachusetts: The Murray Printing Company (1918), 68-74.
- 5 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 4, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 2131.
- 6 Ward, Andrew Henshaw, A Genealogical History of the Rice Family: Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice, Who Came From Berkhamstead, England . . ., Boston: C. Benjamin Richardson (1858), 17.
- 7 Warden, William A. and Robert L. Dexter, compilers, Genealogy of the Dexter Family in America: Descendants of Thomas Dexter Together with the Record of Other Allied Families, Worcester, Massachusetts: Unknown (1905), 54.