Wild Bill Hickok
Gunfighter and Lawman
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Wild Bill Hickok — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Abbott
- Mary Weed
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1661
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 15 May 1720
- Death Location:
- Woodbury, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Root
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1677
- Marriage Location:
Bethia Root (Ahnentafel No:17 )
Dorcas Abbott's given name is also seen as Dorothy.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Dorcas Abbott
- 1 Fairfield, CT: Families of Old Fairfield, Vol. 1, p. 5.
- 2 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1999, Vol. 32, Page 196.
- 3 Eardeley, William Applebie, Chronology and Ancestry of Chauncey M. Depew: with Fifty-four other Affiliated Families of New York, New Jersey and . . ., New York: Unknown (1918), 91-92.
- 4 Hickok, Charles Nelson, The Hickok Genealogy: Descendants of William Hickoks of Farmington, Connecticut with Ancestry of Charles Nelson Hickok, Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle Publishing Co. (1938), 35.
- 5 Jacobus, Donald Lines, comp., History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Vol. 1, Baltimore: Reprinted for Clearfield Company (2007, originally published 1930-1932), 505.
- 6 Kilbourne, Payne Kenyon, The History and Antiquities of the Name and Family of Kilbourn, (in its varied orthography.), New Haven: Durrie and Peck (1856), 42.
- 7 Root, James Pierce, Root Genealogical Records, 1600-1870: Comprising the General History of the Root and Roots Families in America, New York: R.C. Root, Anthony and Co. (1870), 53-54.
- 8 White, Lorraine Cook, ed., Connecticut, U.S., Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), originally published as The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, Vol. 1-55, Woodbury, Page 91, Death record for Mrs. Dorcas Root.