U.S. Senator from Illinois
- Great-grandmother of Tammy Duckworth — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Alma Amick
- Birth Date:
- 13 Jul 1876
- Birth Location:
- Gore, Frederick, Virginia
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Feb 1953
- Death Location:
- Staunton, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Gurdon Robbins Smith
- Marriage Date:
- NOT MARRIED
- Marriage Location:
Winnie Smith (Ahnentafel No:5 )
Daisy Amick was an illegitimate child.
Daisy's alleged sister Alma Amick is almost certainly her mother. Alma's obituary lists Daisy as a sister, but a transcription of Daisy's birth record lists her as an illegitimate daughter of "Alice" Amick. Daisy is found in the 1880 federal census as a "granddaughter" of John Henry and Martha (Scrivener) Amick, while Alma is living elsewhere as a domestic servant. Also, one of Alma's sisters was unlikely to have been the mother as Alma was 24 years old at the time of Daisy's birth, while her sisters were between the ages of 3 and 11.
Daisy Amick appears to have had her daughter Winnie illegitimately with Gurdon Robbins Smith. See the notes under Smith for a more detailed explanation.
Daisy Deane Amick
Additional marriages for Daisy Deane Amick
- George Ulysses Grant
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 27 Jan 1920
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Daisy Deane Amick
- 1 Cumberland Evening Times (Cumberland, Maryland), 11 AUG 1929, p. 6, "The Late J. F. Duckworth".
- 2 Cumberland Sunday Times (Cumberland, Maryland), 11 AUG 1929, p. 6, "The Late J. F. Duckworth".
- 3 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A002370.
- 4 Federal Census, VA, Wichester City, 1940, Winchester, E.D. 124-8, Sheet 1A, Image 1 of 48.
- 5 Federal Census, MD, Allegany County, 1930, Luke, E.D. 1-31, Sheet 5B, Image 10 of 22.
- 6 Federal Census, MD, Allegany, 1920, Luke, E.D. 29, Sheet 1B, Image 2 of 24.
- 7 Federal Census, VA, Frederick County, 1880, Back Creek, E.D. 44, p. 1, Image 1 of 55.
- 8 Frederick County Virginia Birth Records, 1855-96, Birth record for Daisy Amick, mother's name incorrectly transcribed as Alice.
- 9 The Times-Dispatch (Richmond, Virginia), 01 NOV 1940, p. 30, Obituary for "sister" (almost certainly her mother) Alma Amick.
- 10 U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, Draft registration for spouse George Ulysess Grant.
- 11 Virginia, U.S., Death Records, 1912-2014, Death certificate for spouse George Ulysses Grant.
- 12 Virginia, U.S., Death Records, 1912-2014, Death certificate for daughter Winnie Duckworth Grim.
- 13 Virginia, U.S., Death Records, 1912-2014, Death certificate for Daisy Deane Grant.
- 14 Virginia, U.S., Marriage Records, 1936-2014, Marriage certificate for Harry Boyd Grim and daughter Winnie Smith Duckworth.