70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 11th Generation — 8th Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1616
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 1 May 1678 to 20 Feb 1679
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Clark
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1640
- Marriage Location:
- prob. Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Joseph Pratt
William Pratt is thought to the be brother of John Pratt who came to New England in 1633. They both have been said to be sons of Rev. William Pratt of Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England, but the evidence is insufficient to confirm this.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Pratt
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Saybrook, p. 101, Birth record for son Joseph Pratt, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Saybrook, pp. 99-102, Birth records for children of William Pratt, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1995, Vol. 149, pp. 374-378.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1510.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 271.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. IV, I-L, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2005), 196.
- 7 Chapman, Rev. Frederick W., The Pratt Family: Or the Descendants of Lieut. William Pratt, One of the First Settlers of Hartford and Say-Brook . . ., Hartford: Case, Lockwood and Company (1864), 53-54, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 8 Ferris, Mary Walton, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. Dawes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 2, pp. 190, 675-681, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 9 Givens, Terryl L. and Matthew J. Grow, Parley P. Pratt: The Apostle Paul of Mormonism, Oxford: Oxford University Press (2011), 11-12.
- 10 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 719-721, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 11 Learned, William Law, comp., The Learned Family (Learned, Larned, Learnard, Larnard and Lerned) Being Descendants of William Learned . . . 2nd Ed., Albany: Weed-Parsons Printing Company, Printers (1898), 24, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 12 Price, Lynn F., Every Person in the Doctrine and Covenants, Springville, Utah: Horizon Publishers Inc. (2004), 115.
- 13 Weeks, Lyman Horace, ed., Prominent Families of New York: Being an Account in Biographical Form of Individuals and Families Distinguished as . . ., New York: The Historical Company (1898), 31, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 14 Wells, Junius F., ed., The Contributor, Representing the Young Men's Mutual Improvement Associations of the Latter-day Saints, Vol. 12, Salt Lake City, Utah: The Deseret News Company (1891), 5, Google Books (Digital Library).