70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 11th Generation — 8th Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1605
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 1 Aug 1670
- Death Location:
- Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Olive Welby
- Marriage Date:
- 16 Apr 1629
- Marriage Location:
- Boston, Lincolnshire, England
- Mary Farwell
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Farwell
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Chelmsford, Vol. 1, p. 319, Marriage record for Benjamin Spalding and daughterOlive Farwell.
- 2 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1995, Vol. 70, p. 100, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Abbott, Jane Harter and Lillian M. Wilson, The Farwell Family, Volume 1: A History of Henry Farwell and His Wife Olive (Welby) Farwell of . . ., Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company (1929), 25-30, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 112.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#48 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The Ancestry of Novelist Thomas Pynchon", (accessed 11/28/2018), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 118.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 338.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 925.
- 9 Spalding, Charles Warren, The Spalding Memorial: A Genealogical History of Edward Spalding of Virginia and Massachusetts Bay . . ., Chicago: American Publishers' Association (1897), 63, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 10 Spalding, Samuel J., Spalding Memorial: A Genealogical History of Edward Spalding, of Massachusetts Bay, and His Descendants, Boston: Alfred Mudge and Son, Printers (1872), 22, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 11 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 40, 200.