70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 18th Generation — 15th Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Wentworth
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1390
- Birth Location:
- North Elmsall, Yorkshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 24 Oct 1452
- Death Location:
- Nettlestead, Suffolk, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Margery Despencer
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 25 Jun 1423
- Marriage Location:
- Hemingborough, York, England
- Agnes Wentworth
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Roger Wentworth
- 1 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1995, Vol. 70, p. 100, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1988, Vol. 9, Iss. 2, p. 194.
- 3 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed., Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891), 448.
- 4 Buck, J. Orton and Timothy Field Beard, Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants, Volume III, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1996), 242, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Esarey, Logan, History of Indiana: from its Exploration to 1922, Vol. 3, Dayton, Ohio: Dayton Historical Publishing Company (1922), 212, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. III, p. 314.
- 7 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2005), 159.
- 8 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), 15.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 397.
- 10 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 184, 200.
- 11 Wikipedia, "Philip Wentworth", (accessed 05/03/2011).