70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 12th Generation — 9th Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- Christopher Almy
- ----- Clarke
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1601
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 28 FEB 1676/1677 to 23 APR 1677
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Audrey Barlow
- Marriage Date:
- 17 Jul 1626
- Marriage Location:
- Leicestershire, England
- Annis Almy
William Almy's surname is also seen as Almey.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Almy
- 1 The Newport Historical Magazine, Newport, Rhode Island: Newport Historical Publishing Co., 1883, Vol. 4, pp. 194-195, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 144.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 42-47.
- 4 Baker, Henry A., comp., History of Montville, Connecticut: Formerly the North Parish of New London from 1640 to 1896, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1896), 235-236, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 52-53.
- 7 Clarke, Mrs. Louise Brownell, The Greenes of Rhode Island, New York: The Knickerbocker Press (1903), 61, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 8 Cornell, Thomas C., Adam and Anne Mott: Their Ancestors and Their Descendants, Poughkeepsie, New York: A.V. Haight, Printer (1890), 338, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 De Rapaljé, Joris Janssen, Historic Families of America: William Almy, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, 1630, Chicago: Published by Charles Kingsbury Miller (1897), 9-15, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2011 Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 1, pp. 122-123.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 147, 215.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 881.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 925.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 491.