70th Governor of Massachusetts
- 30th Generation — 27th Great-grandfather of Mitt Romney
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Fitzgilbert
- Rohese Giffard
- Birth Date:
- BEF 1066
- Birth Location:
- Clare, Suffolk, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1115
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Adeliza de Clermont-en-Beauvaisis
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Richard Fitzgilbert de Clare
Lord of Clare, Tonbridge, and Cardigan
Gilbert Fitzrichard de Clare
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Gilbert Fitzrichard de Clare
- 1 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1981, Vol. 57, p. 32, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. I, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), pedigree XIII for Rev. Pierce William Drew, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 3 Mosley, Charles, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd. (1999), 2498.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 548, 551.
- 5 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 225, 227.
- 6 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 185.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Gilbert Fitz Richard", (accessed 02/21/2010).