U.S. Vice President-elect
- Great-grandfather of Kamala Harris — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1874
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 11 Aug 1939
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Saint Mark's Anglican Churchyard, Brown's Town, St. Ann Parish, Jamaica
- Spouse Name:
- Christiana Brown
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Oscar Joseph Harris (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Joseph Alexander Harris may have been the illegimate child baptized at Orange Hill, Jamaica 30 JUL 1871. The baptismal record does not indentify the parents.
There are also claims that Joseph Alexander Harris was the son of Joseph Bravo and Judith (Depass) Harris, the son of Newton A. and Eliza (Brown) Harris, or the son of James Henry and Elizabeth Ann (Brown) Harris. Evidence is needed to identify Joseph Alexander Harris's correct parentage.
Joseph Alexander Harris
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Alexander Harris
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 11/09/2020).
- 2 Jamaica, Civil Registration, 1880-1999, Death record for Joseph Alexander Harris.
- 3 Jamaica Global, "Kamala Harris' Jamaican Heritage - Updated - 14.01.2019", (accessed 11/09/2020).
- 4 Macguill, Dan, "Did U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris' Ancestor Own Slave in Jamaica?", Snopes.com, https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-ancestor-slaves/, (accessed 11/09/2020).