Ancestry of Dr.
First Lady of President Joseph Biden
- 9th Great-grandfather of Jill Biden — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1610
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Feb 1687
- Death Location:
- Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary -----
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1642
- Marriage Location:
Thomas Stone (Ahnentafel No:1622 )
Some published sources state that John Stone was the son of the Rev. Samuel Stone who came to New England aboard the Griffin in 1633. This cannot be correct as the son of the Rev. Stone who was named John would have been too young to have been the father of this John Stone's children. Therfore they must have been two different John Stones and this John Stone's parents are still unknown.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Stone
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Guilford, p. 233, Birth record for Thomas Stone.
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Guilford, pp. 228-233, Birth records for children of John and Mary Stone.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 321.
- 4 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1995, Vol. 28, p. 595.
- 5 Stone, William Leete, The Family of John Stone: One of the First Settlers of Guilford, Conn., Albany: Joel Munsell's Sons (1888), 1.
- 6 Talcott, Alvan, Families of Early Guilford, Connecticut, Vol. 2, Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1997), 1131-1132.