Author of Porgy (Porgy & Bess)
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edwin Watkins Heyward
- Jane Screven DuBose
- Birth Date:
- 31 Aug 1885
- Birth Location:
- Charleston, Charleston Co., South Carolina
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 16 Jun 1940
- Death Location:
- Tryon, Polk, North Carolina
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- St. Philip's Episcopal Church Cemetery, Charleston, Charleston Co., South Carolina
Notable works in the novel Porgy which was adapted into a play by Heyward and his wife. He also collaborated with composer George Gershwin to turn it into the opera Porgy and Bess.
(Edwin) DuBose Heyward
Marriages for (Edwin) DuBose Heyward
- Dorothy Hartzell Kuhns
- Marriage Date:
- 22 Sep 1923
- Marriage Location:
- Manhattan, New York, New York
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for (Edwin) DuBose Heyward
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 12/07/2020).
- 2 New York, New York, U.S., Extracted Marriage Index, 1866-1937, Marriage record for DuBose Heyward and Dorothy H Kuhn.
- 3 North Carolina, U.S., Death Certificates, 1909-1976, Death certificate for DuBose Heyward.
- 4 South Carolina, U.S., Delayed Birth Records, 1766-1900 and Charleston, South Carolina, U.S., Birth Records, 1877-1901, Delayed birth record for unnamed son of Edwin and Jane Heyward.
- 5 The Gaffney Ledger (Gaffney, South Carolina), 20 JUN 1940, p. 1, Obituary for DuBose Heyward.
- 6 Wikipedia, "DuBose Heyward", (accessed 12/06/2020).