Francis Scott Key
Author of “The Star Spangled Banner”
- 15th Generation — 12th Great-grandfather of Francis Scott Key
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry Percy
- Eleanor Neville
- Birth Date:
- 25 Jul 1421
- Birth Location:
- Leconfield, Yorkshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Mar 1461
- Death Location:
- Battle of Towton, Yorkshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eleanor Poynings
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 25 Jun 1435
- Marriage Location:
- Henry Percy
3rd Earl of Northumberland, 6th Lord Percy
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Percy
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 2011, Vol. 165, p. 215.
- 2 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 39.
- 3 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, Spring 1981, Vol. 2, Iss. 1, p. 125.
- 4 Browning, Charles H., The Magna Charta Barons and their American Descendants, Philadelpha: (1898), 201.
- 5 Burke, J. Bernard, A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry of Great Britain and Ireland for 1852, Vol. 1, A to O, London: Colburn and Company (1852), 394.
- 6 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, pp. 63, 425.
- 7 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. III, p. 79.
- 8 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2011 Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 2, p. 139.
- 9 Rietwiesner, William Addams, comp. and Christopher Challender Child, et. al., The Ancestry of Catherine Middleton, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2011), 94, 96.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 176, 186, 198, 210, 227.
- 11 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 64.
- 12 Wikipedia, "Henry Percy, 3rd Earl of Northumberland", (accessed 11/19/2012).