Wright Brothers - Aviation Pioneer
- 4th Great-grandmother of Wilbur Wright — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Deborah Skeffe
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1688
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Apr 1764
- Death Location:
- Mansfield, Bristol, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Storrs Cemetery, Storrs, Tolland, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Edmund Freeman
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1707
- Marriage Location:
Edmund Freeman (Ahnentafel No:36 )
Some sources have claimed that Keziah Presbury was either a daughter or sister to Stephen Presbury who married Deborah Skeffe (Skiffe) and they refer to her as Keziah Presbury. Deborah's father Stephen Skeffe refers to "Kezia" as his granddaughter, so she cannot be Stephen Presbury's sister. Since Stephen Presbury was only about 16 at the time of Keziah's birth, it is unlikely he is her father. She is believed to be the illegitimate daughter of Deborah Skeffe before she married Stephen Presbury.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Keziah -----
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 11/20/2012).
- 2 Sandwich, MA: Vital Records to 1885, Vol. 1, Page 85, Birth record for son Edmund Freeman.
- 3 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volume 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 1162.
- 4 Freeman, Frederick, Freeman Genealogy, in Three Parts, Boston: Franklin Press; Rand, Avery, and Company (1875), 31, 45.
- 5 Lamont, Belle Eldredge, Lamont-Eldredge Family Records, Albion, New York: Unknown (1948), 61.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 37.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 59, 386, 460.
- 8 Wakefield, Robert S. and Judith H. Swan, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 18, Part 1, Richard Warren, 34.