Wright Brothers - Aviation Pioneer
- 7th Generation — 4th Great-grandmother of Wilbur Wright
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Deborah Skeffe
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1688
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Apr 1764
- Death Location:
- Mansfield, Bristol, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Storrs Cemetery, Storrs, Tolland, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Edmund Freeman
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1707
- Marriage Location:
- Edmund Freeman
Some sources have claimed that Keziah Presbury was either a daughter or sister to Stephen Presbury who married Deborah Skeffe (Skiffe) and they refer to her as Keziah Presbury. Deborah's father Stephen Skeffe refers to "Kezia" as his granddaughter, so she cannot be Stephen Presbury's sister. Since Stephen Presbury was only about 16 at the time of Keziah's birth, it is unlikely he is her father. She is believed to be the illegitimate daughter of Deborah Skeffe before she married Stephen Presbury.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Keziah -----
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/20/2012).
- 2 Sandwich, MA: Vital Records to 1885, Vol. 1, Page 85, Birth record for son Edmund Freeman, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volume 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 1162, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Freeman, Frederick, Freeman Genealogy, in Three Parts, Boston: Franklin Press; Rand, Avery, and Company (1875), 31, 45, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 5 Lamont, Belle Eldredge, Lamont-Eldredge Family Records, Albion, New York: Unknown (1948), 61, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 37.
- 7 Wakefield, Robert S. and Judith H. Swan, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 18, Part 1, Richard Warren, General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2004), 34.