27th Governor of Massachusetts
- 5th Great-grandfather of William Claflin — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Adams
- Agnes -----
- Birth Date:
- 21 Jan 1582/1583
- Birth Location:
- Barton St. David, Somerset, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 Oct 1646
- Death Location:
- Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Hancock Cemetery, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Edith Squire
- Marriage Date:
- 19 Oct 1609
- Marriage Location:
- Charlton Mackrell, Somerset, England
Edward Adams (Ahnentafel No:96 )
Additional marriages for Henry Adams
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Henry Adams
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, Spring 2010, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 49-50.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/31/2012).
- 3 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1994, Vol. 11, p. 203.
- 4 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 28.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1853, Vol. 7, p. 35.
- 6 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1924, Vol. 78, p. 437.
- 7 The American Genealogist, 1993, Vol. 68, p. 145.
- 8 The American Genealogist, 1977, Vol. 53, p. 18.
- 9 Adams, Andrew N., A Genealogical History of Henry Adams, of Braintree, Mass., and His Descendants; also John Adams of Cambridge, Mass., Rutland, VT: The Tuttle Company (1898), 1-4.
- 10 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1528.
- 11 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 2.
- 12 Bartlet, J. Gardiner, Henry Adams of Somersetshire, England, and Braintree, Massachusetts: His English Ancestry and Some of his Descendants, New York: Privately printed (1927), 46-83.
- 13 Fairbanks, Rev. Hiram Francis, "English Ancestry of Henry Adams of Braintree", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Vol. 59 (1905), 322.
- 14 Linzee, John William, The History of Peter Parker and Sarah Ruggles of Roxbury, Mass. and Their Ancestors and Descendants, Boston: Privately Printed (1913), 329.
- 15 Little, George Thomas, comp., Genealogical and Family History of the State of Maine, Volume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1909), 1308.
- 16 McCullough, David, John Adams, New York: Simon & Schuster (2001), 29.
- 17 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#66 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: New England Ancestors of Depression-Era Novelist John Steinbeck", (accessed 10/16/2014).
- 18 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 139, 203.
- 19 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 52.
- 20 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 432.
- 21 Seward, William H., Life and Public Services of John Quincy Adams, Sixth President of the United States, New York: Miller, Orton & Mulligan (1856), 17-18.
- 22 Streeter, Milford B., A Genealogical History of the Descendants of Stephen and Ursula Streeter of Gloucester, Mass., 1642, afterwards of . . ., Salem, Massachusetts: Eben Putnam, Publisher (1896), 4-5.
- 23 Wight, Charles Henry, Genealogy of the Claflin Family: Being a Record of Robert Mackclothlan, of Wenham, Mass. and . . ., New York: Press of William Green (1898), 81.