American Author on Etiquette
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Emily Post — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Key
- Mary -----
- Birth Date:
- 21 Mar 1696
- Birth Location:
- Parish of St. Paul, Covent Garden, London, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Aug 1764
- Death Location:
- St. Mary's County, Maryland
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Chaptico, St. Mary's, Maryland
- Spouse Name:
- Susannah Gardiner
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Susanna Gardiner Key (Ahnentafel No:21 )
Additional marriages for Philip Key
- Theodosia Barton
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Philip Key
- 1 Baltimore: Its History and Its People, Vol. III - Biography , New York / Chicago: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1912) , 512, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 2 Hayden, Rev. Horace Edwin , Virginia Genealogies: A Genealogy of the Glassell Family of Scotland and Virginia , Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: E. B. Yordy, Printer (1891) , 167-169, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 3 Key-Smith, F.S. , Francis Scott Key, Author of The Star Bangled Banner, What Else He Was and Who , Washington, D.C.: Key-Smith and Company (1911) , 9-10, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Mackenzie, George Norbury, ed. , Colonial Families of the United States of America , New York: Grafton Press (1907) , 299-300.
- 5 Parran, Alice Norris , Register of Maryland's Heraldic Families: Period from 1634, March 25th to March 25th, 1935, T ercentenary of . . . , Baltimore, Maryland: H.G. Roebuck and Son (1938) , 313, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 6 Williams, Thomas John Chew and Folger McKinsey , History of Frederick County, Maryland, Vol. 1 , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2003 - Reprint of original published 19 10) , 313-314.