American Author on Etiquette
- Grandmother of Emily Post — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Upton Bruce
- Sarah Magruder Clagett
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1812
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- William "Billy" Price
- Marriage Date:
- 23 May 1842
- Marriage Location:
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Cumberland, Allegany, Maryland
Bruce Price (Ahnentafel No:2 )
Published accounts of Marian Bruce's life refer to her as a first cousin of Francis Scott Key. The will of her brother Charles Key Bruce confirms the relationship with the following bequest in his will:
“To my cousin, Francis Scott Key, of Washington City, the sum of one thousand pounds sterling, and to each of his two unmarried daughters, the sum of 500 pounds sterling.”
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Marian Bruce
- 1 Cumberland Times (Cumberland, Maryland), 01 JUN 1952, p. 4 .
- 2 Cumberland Times (Cumberland, Maryland), 16 JAN 1949, p. 5.
- 3 Federal Census, MD, Baltimore (Independent City), 1860, Baltimore Ward 11, p. 90, Image 89 of 257.
- 4 Federal Census, MD, Allegany County, 1850, Cumberland, Image 120 of 140.
- 5 Maryland Marriages, 1655-1850, Marriage record for William Price and Marion Bruce.
- 6 The Mayflower Descendant, Spring 2012, Vol. 61, No. 1, p. 87.
- 7 Brown, Jacob , Brown's Miscellaneous Writings Upon a Great Variety of Subject: Prepared and Written from 188 0 to 1895, Cumberland, Maryland: J. J. Miller (1896), 149.
- 8 Claridge, Laura , Emily Post: Daughter of the Gilded Age, Mistress of American Manners, New York: Random House Trade Paperback Edition (2009), 7.
- 9 Thomas, James W. and Judge T.J. C. Williams , History of Allegany County, Maryland, Volume 1, Baltimore: Regional Publishing Company (1969), 309.
- 10 Wikipedia , "Bruce Price", (accessed 08/25/2014).