American Author on Etiquette
- Grandfather of Emily Post — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- James Stewart Lee
- Martha Campbell
- Birth Date:
- 8 May 1821
- Birth Location:
- Hanover Township, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 26 Mar 1883
- Death Location:
- New York, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Hollenback Cemetery, Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
- Spouse Name:
- Emily Laura Thomas
- Marriage Date:
- 29 Jun 1846
- Marriage Location:
- prob. Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Mary Josephine Lee (Ahnentafel No:3 )
aka Washington Lee Jr.
The suffix Jr. was added to his name as he was named for a paternal uncle.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Washington Lee
- 1 Find A Grave , (accessed 06/08/2020).
- 2 The Mayflower Descendant , Spring 2012, Vol. 61, No. 1, p. 86, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Claridge, Laura , Emily Post: Daughter of the Gilded Age, Mistress of American Manners , New York: Random House Trade Paperback Edition (2009) , 11-15, 35-36.
- 4 Harvey, Oscar Jewell , The Harvey Book: Giving the Genealogies of Certain Branches of the American Families of Harve y, Nesbitt, Dixon and . . . , Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: E.B. Yordy and Co., Printers (1899) , 560, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 5 Hayden, Rev. Horace Edwin, ed. , Genealogical and Family History of the Wyoming and Lackawanna Valleys, Pennsylvania, Vol. 1 , New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1906) , 542, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Fa milies on the Mayflower , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020) , 577.