American Author on Etiquette
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Emily Post — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert Jameson
- Nancy Dixon
- Birth Date:
- 17 Jun 1749
- Birth Location:
- Voluntown, New London, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 8 Jul 1782
- Death Location:
- near Reed Tavern outside Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Hanover Cemetery, Hanover Green, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
- Spouse Name:
- Abigail Alden
- Marriage Date:
- 2 Oct 1772
- Marriage Location:
- Hanover Township, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Mary "Polly" Jameson
Hannah Jameson (Ahnentafel No:31 )
John Jameson was killed by Indians in 1782 near Reed Tavern, four miles from Wilkes-Barre.
There are conflicting dates and locations in sources for the marriage of John Jameson and Abigail Alden. Dates and locations given are 20 OCT 1772 in Hanover Township or Wyoming Valley, or 1776 in Hanover Township or Newport Township.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Jameson
- 1 The Mayflower Descendant , Spring 2012, Vol. 61, No. 1, p. 84, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Fa milies on the Mayflower , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020) , 577.
- 3 Williams, Alicia Crane, ed. , Mayflowe r Families through Five Generations: Vol. 16, Part 1, Family of John Alden , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (1999) , 449.
- 4 Williams, Alicia Crane, ed. , Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 16, Part 3, John Alden , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2004) , 342-346.