Outlaw, Bank Robber, Murderer
- 6th Great-grandfather of Jesse James — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Apr 1644
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Winston
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Robert Woodson (Ahnentafel No:184 )
Came to Virginia in 1619 aboard the ship George. Killed by Indians during the Indian massacre of 1644.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Woodson
- 1 The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society, May 1918, Vol. 16, No. 47, p. 65.
- 2 Beamis, Joan M. and William E. Pullen, Background of a Bandit: The Ancestry of Jesse James, 2nd Edition, Unknown: Unknown (1971), 41-47.
- 3 Cole, Robert Franklin, Bramblette-Bramlett-Bramlitt: Family Notes (Pamphlet), Washington, D.C.: unknown (1937), https://www.bramblett.com/books/cole.htm, p. 13, (accessed 08/21/2014).
- 4 McCartney, Martha W., Virginia Immigrants and Adventurers: A Biographical Dictionary, 1607-1635, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2007), 763.
- 5 Wikipedia, "History of the Jamestown Settlement (1607-1699)", (accessed 02/10/2013).
- 6 Woodson, Henry Morton, comp., Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and their Connections, Memphis, Tennessee: Henry Morton Woodson (1915), 23.