Outlaw, Bank Robber, Murderer
- 22nd Generation — 19th Great-grandfather of Jesse James
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard de Clare
- Maud de Lacy
- Birth Date:
- 2 Sep 1243
- Birth Location:
- Christchurch, Hampshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Dec 1295
- Death Location:
- Monmouth Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Joan of Acre
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Apr 1290
- Marriage Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Elizabeth de Clare
3rd Earl of Gloucester and 7th Earl of Hertford
Gilbert de Clare
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Gilbert de Clare
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1994, Vol. 148, Pages 255-258.
- 2 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1932, Vol. 9, p. 213, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 7th Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2000), 246.
- 4 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq., Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Foster, Joseph, comp., The Royal Lineage of our Noble and Gentle Families. Together with their Paternal Ancestry, Aylesbury: Privately Printed by Hazell, Watson and Viney, Limited (1884), 84, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 6 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1630-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 81.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 270, 276, 289, 291, 296, 312, 316, 330, 340, 351.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Gilbert de Clare, 7th Earl of Gloucester", (accessed 06/21/2013).