Ancestry of Rev.
William Greenleaf Eliot
Founder, Washington Univ - St Louis
- 4th Great-grandfather of William Greenleaf Eliot — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- 17 Aug 1620
- Birth Location:
- Bristol, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 9 Aug 1687
- Death Location:
- Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Joanna Lowell
- Marriage Date:
- 17 Apr 1645
- Marriage Location:
- Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts
Elizabeth Gerrish (Ahnentafel No:41 )
Additional marriages for William Gerrish
- Ann - - - - - -
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Gerrish
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury, Vol. 2, p. 191, Marriage record for William Gerrish and Joanna Oliver, w. of John.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury, Vol. 1, p. 180, Birth record for son Moses Gerrish.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury, Vol. 2, p. 191, Marriage record for William Gerrish and Joanna Oliver.
- 4 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1994, Vol. 11, p. 203.
- 5 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 28.
- 6 New England Marriages to 1700, Vol. 1, p. 610, Marriage of William Gerrish and Joanna Olliver.
- 7 Appleton, William S., Ancestry of Mary Oliver, Who Lived 1640-1698, and was Wife of Samuel Appleton, of Ipswich, Cambridge: Press of John Wilson and Son (1867), 6.
- 8 Davis, Walter Goodwin, The Ancestry of Phoebe Tilton, 1775-1847, Portland, Maine: Anthoensen Press (1947), 217-218.
- 9 Goodwin, John Samuel, comp., The Goodwins of Kittery, York County, Maine, Chicago: Orrin Sheller Goodwin, Printer and Publisher (1898), 39.
- 10 Greenleaf, James Edward, Genealogy of the Greenleaf Family, Boston: Frank Wood, Printer (1896), 198-199.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 174.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 177.
- 13 Stackpole, Everett S., Old Kittery and Her Families, Lewiston, Maine: Press of Lewiston Journal Company (1903), 443.
- 14 Standeven, Hazel M, Brown - Duncan and Associated Families, Kittery, Maine, Piscataqua and New Castle, N.H., Coos Bay, Oregon: Typed manuscript (1981), 48.