Helen (Herron) Taft
First Lady of President William H. Taft
- 11th Great-grandfather of Helen (Herron) Taft — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Robert de Umfreville
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William Umfreville (Ahnentafel No:7360 )
William Umfreville is said to be the illegitimage son of Sir Robert de Umfeville. His father took him to Missenden, Buckinghamshire, where Sir Robert de Umfreville is said to have become a monk. William was eventually left with the abbott of Missenden and he is said to be the ancestor of the Umfrevilles of Farnham Royal.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Umfreville
- 1 Harwood, H. W. Forsyth, ed., The Genealogist: A Quarterly Magazine of Genealogical, Antiquarian, Topographical and Heraldi c Research, Volume 26, London: George Bell and Sons (1910), 209.
- 2 Mackenzie, E., An Historical, Topographical, and Descriptive View of the County of Northumberland, and o f . . ., Vol. 2, Newcastle upon Tyne: Mackenzie and Dent (1825), 367.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 530.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 405.