Helen (Herron) Taft
First Lady of President William H. Taft
- 14th Generation — 11th Great-grandfather of Helen (Herron) Taft
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Robert de Umfreville
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- William Umfreville
William Umfreville is said to be the illegitimage son of Sir Robert de Umfeville. His father took him to Missenden, Buckinghamshire, where Sir Robert de Umfreville is said to have become a monk. William was eventually left with the abbott of Missenden and he is said to be the ancestor of the Umfrevilles of Farnham Royal.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Umfreville
- 1 Harwood, H. W. Forsyth, ed., The Genealogist: A Quarterly Magazine of Genealogical, Antiquarian, Topographical and Heraldic Research, Volume 26, London: George Bell and Sons (1910), 209, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 2 Mackenzie, E., An Historical, Topographical, and Descriptive View of the County of Northumberland, and of . . ., Vol. 2, Newcastle upon Tyne: Mackenzie and Dent (1825), 367, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 530.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 405.