22nd and 24th U.S. President
- Mother of Grover Cleveland — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Abner Neal
- Barbara Reel
- Birth Date:
- 4 Feb 1806
- Birth Location:
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 19 Jul 1882
- Death Location:
- Holland Patent, Oneida, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Holland Patent Cemetery, Holland Patent, Oneida, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Richard Falley Cleveland
- Marriage Date:
- 16 Sep 1829
- Marriage Location:
- Methodist Episcopal Church, Baltimore, Maryland
(Stephen) Grover Cleveland (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Most sources give the marriage date for Richard Cleveland and Ann Neal as 10 SEP 1829. However the Maryland marriage indices found at the New England Historic Genealogical Society and at the LDS website all give 16 SEP 1829 as the date.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Ann Neal
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Windham, Page 62, Marriage record for Richard Cleveland and Ann Neal at Baltimore.
- 2 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A023053.
- 3 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/07/2013).
- 4 Maryland, Marriages, 1666-1970, Marriage record for Richard F. Cleveland and Ann Neal.
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1954, Vol. 108, p. 104.
- 6 Rhode Island: Vital Records, 1636-1850, Page 180875, Marriage record for Richard Cleveland and Ann Neal at Baltimore.
- 7 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 521, 523.
- 8 Cleveland, Edmund Janes and Horace Gillette Cleveland, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: An Attempt to Track in Both the Male and the Female . . ., Vol. 2, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1899), 1088-1089.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 312.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 500.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 39.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 449, 456-457, 461, 474, 479, 580, 663.
- 13 Watkins, Walter K. and Eben Putnam, New England Ancestry of Grover Cleveland, President of the United States, Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press (1892), 7.
- 14 Wikipedia, "Grover Cleveland", (accessed 03/04/2013).