22nd and 24th U.S. President
- 3rd Generation — Grandfather of Grover Cleveland
- Ahnentafel No:
- Aaron Cleveland IV
- Abiah Hyde
- Birth Date:
- 20 Dec 1770
- Birth Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Aug 1837
- Death Location:
- Black Rock (now Buffalo), New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Margaret Falley
- Marriage Date:
- 19 Dec 1793
- Marriage Location:
- Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
- Richard Falley Cleveland
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Cleveland
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A023053.
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Westfield Marriages, Vol. 2, Page 98, Marriage of William Cleveland and Margaret Falley.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1954, Vol. 108, p. 103.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1886, Vol. 40, p. 308.
- 5 Norwich CT: Vital Records of Norwich, 1659-1848, Vol. 1, Page 457, Birth record for William Cleveland, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Westfield, MA: Marriage Records of the First Church, 1781-1835, Page 186, Marriage record for William Cleveland and Margaret , New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 7 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 521, 523.
- 8 Cleveland, Edmund Janes and Horace Gillette Cleveland, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: An Attempt to Track in Both the Male and the Female . . ., Vol. 1, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1899), 227, 504-505, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 9 Hitchcock, Mrs. Edward, Sr., The Genealogy of the Hitchcock Family: Who are Descended from Matthias Hitchcock of East Haven, Conn., and . . ., Amherst, Massachusetts: Press of Carpenter and Morehouse (1894), 235, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 312.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 500.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 39, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 449, 456-457, 461, 474, 479, 580, 663.
- 14 Waters, Henry Fitz-Gilbert, Genealogical Gleanings in England, Volume 2, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1901), 1068.
- 15 Watkins, Walter K. and Eben Putnam, New England Ancestry of Grover Cleveland, President of the United States, Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press (1892), 7, Google Books (Digital Library).