American Banker and Art Collector
- 5th Great-grandfather of J.P. Morgan — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert Hinsdale
- Hannah -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 28 Jan 1636/1637
- Christening Location:
- Pulham St. Mary the Virgin, Norfolk, England
- Death Date:
- 12 or 18 SEP 1675
- Death Location:
- Battle of Bloody Brook, Deerfield, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Bloody Brook Mass Grave, Deerfield, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Mehitabel Johnson
- Marriage Date:
- 31 Oct 1660
- Marriage Location:
- Medfield, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Mary Hinsdale (Ahnentafel No:125 )
- Samuel, two brothers, and his father were slain by Indians at Muddy Brook (later called Bloody) near Deerfield, Massachusetts.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Hinsdale
- 1 Early New England Families, 1641-1700 , Humphrey Johnson (m. 1641), p. 5, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Find A Grave , (accessed 11/12/2012).
- 3 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Medfield Births, Vol. 1, Page 62, Birth record for daughter Mary Hinsdell.
- 4 Andrews, Herbert Cornelius and Holman, Alfred L., ed. , Hinsdale Genealogy: Descendants of Robert Hinsdale of Dedham, Medfield, Hadley and Deerfield , Lombard, Illinois: Printed for Alfred Hinsdale Andrews (1906) , 62, 64-66, 71, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Hopkins, Timothy , The Kelloggs in the Old World and the New, Vol. 1 , San Francisco, California: Sunset Press and Photo Engraving Co. (1903) , 35, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman , Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952) , 584, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 7 Leach, Josiah Granville , Memoranda Relating to the Ancestry and Family of Hon. Levi Parsons Morton, Vice-President o f the United States , Cambridge, Massachusetts: unknown (1894) , 128-130, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 8 Wikipedia , "Battle of Bloody Brook" , (accessed 11/12/2012).
- 9 Williams, Alicia Crane , Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Vol. 1 , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Socity (2015) , 196.